What is Dermaplaning?
Dermaplaning is a simple and safe method to exfoliate the epidermis without using excessive pressure, chemicals, or suction. An added benefit to dermaplaning is the removal of fine, vellus hair.
Using a specialized, sterile surgical instrument on prepped skin, skin is held taut and gently scraped with the blade held at a 45 degree angle.
What makes someone a good candidate for dermaplaning?
· Sensitive skin (a gentle alternative to other exfoliation methods)
· Aging skin (to enhance the results achieved with other procedures)
· To remove fine, vellus hair that cannot be reduced with laser treatments and waxing is undesired
· Allergy to nickel
· Inflamed acne
· Very oily skin
· Thick, coarse facial hair
· Numerous raised lesions on the skin
· Active cold sores
· Bleeding or clotting disorders
How often can Dermaplaning be performed?
Every 3 - 4 weeks
Will the hair grow back thick and coarse?
It is physiologically impossible. You may feel the roughness at the surface of your skin when the vellus hair begins to grow back but that is only typically for a day or so.
TUE: 10am - 7pm
WED: 9:30am - 5:30pm
THU: 9:30am - 5:30pm
FRI: 9:30am - 5:30pm
SAT: 9:30am - 5:30pm
SUN: LIMITED HOURS
** APPOINTMENT WAITLIST**
Looking for a specific day + time? The Waitlist is now included on our scheduling site.
Call or Text